TPH was established in 1986 by Luc Taillefer who has over 35 years of expertise in the plumbing and mechanical industry.
TPH responds to 97% of all emergency calls within the hour, 24/7, nights, weekends and holidays. Our team consists of 25+ plumbers and our staff is well trained on new equipment, tools, techniques and safety procedures.
To save our customers time and money, we offer a wide range of regular & specialized services such as: Steam trap testing, boiler replacement, coils repair, medical gases, etc. Our technicians are certified to design, install natural gas and oil systems as well as test and repair Backflow Preventers (BFP).
24/7 Emergency Services
Plumbing and heating emergencies always seem to happen during nights and weekends! At TPH we understand the need for prompt, reliable service when emergencies happen.
That’s why we have our 24/7 Personal Answering Service. With a call to 613-745-0100, we’ll promptly dispatch one of our technicians, usually within minutes. With nine service trucks in our fleet, our plumbing and heating specialists offer 24 hours service, 365 days a year, for emergencies in Ottawa and Eastern Ontario, including:
- Blocked Sewers
- Frozen Pipes
- Burst Heating/Cooling Coils
- Sewer back up
- Broken pipes
Coil Repairs & Replacement
Heating and cooling coils receive a lot of wear during the hot and cold that they see in one year, causing holes and tears in the piping.
Our team is trained to repair coils by brazing silver soldering and should the coil be beyond repair, we can replace it according to manufacturer’s specifications.
Camera Sewer Inspection & Sewer Pipe Locator
Available at TPH! We have a camera specialist on staff and he is equipped with state of the art technology to meet your needs.
- Drain Inspection
- Blocked Drains
- Clogged Line
- Underground Sewer Pipe locator
- Itemized electronic reports
Backflow Prevention Program
What is Backflow preventer? A backflow preventer is a device constructed to protect your building’s potable water from cross-contamination with systems such as your heating boilers/chillers or other chemicals that may enter your system by flowing back into your potable water.
Mandatory yearly testing
In Ontario, it is mandatory, as per code and for insurance purposes to have all backflow devices tested yearly by an approved, licensed and accredited plumber.
As of March 2018, the City of Ottawa, Backflow Prevention Program (BFP Program) is in effect.
For more information please click at the following link of the City of Ottawa website:
BFP Management Program
With our BFP Management Program, we test, repair, and record every device in our clients’ buildings. When the time comes, we will notify you of when your next scheduled testing is due, helping you protect your building and the city from contaminated water and comply with the Ontario Building Code. Our Management Program is especially helpful for property owners and managers with multiple devices in multiple buildings.
TPH inc. is your BFP Program specialist: Surveys – Testing – Repairs – Installation
Industrial Repairs & Alterations
TPH can design alterations to your systems and will ensure that the application is in accordance with the OBC.
- Pipe Freezing. We can freeze ½” to 8” water pipes, and ½” to 1¼” Glycol pipe systems. Our service is quick, safe, affordable, and avoids the need to drain a system resulting in the potential loss of expensive chemicals.
- Smoke Eaters. Our smoke eaters extract fumes and contaminants so air is safe to breathe and doesn’t set off alarm systems.
- Hot Taps. We can perform hot tapping on natural gas, chemical and other petroleum product pipes, as well as water, sewage and steam lines, eliminating the need to disrupt, shut down or drain systems.
TPH is certified with Technical Standards & Safety Authority for:
- Steam. Low and high pressure.
- Hydronics. Heated and chilled water systems and pumps.
- Plumbing. Commercial and Industrial systems, sewage systems and pumps.
- Medical piping. Hospitals, animal hospitals, dental clinics, etc.
- Diesel Oil. Diesel generator exhaust/oil piping
- Natural Gas. Oxygen. Nitrogen. Nitrous Oxide.
- Plus many more.
Boilers & Chillers
- Approved contractor for a large number of boiler and chiller manufacturers for the Ottawa-Gatineau region.
- Extensive experience in replacing and upgrading boilers and chillers in schools, universities and government facilities.
- Continuous learning of new technology and efficiency requirements.
New Construction & Retrofitting
- Residential Condos
- High Rises
- Strip Plazas
- Fire Stations
- Commercial Condos
- Passive House
At TPH, we can manage the design and construction of the complete mechanical system for your building. We’ll coordinate between the plumbing and HVAC systems to ensure the control system works as designed.
Institutional & Industrial
We’ve completed projects at institutions such as:
- Hospitals and health care facilities
- Food processing
- Post secondary
- All school boards
TPH is an approved contractor for both the Ottawa Catholic School Board and the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board.
Qualifications and Expertise
We are governed, regulated and inspected by the Ontario Technical Safety Standard Authority (TSSA), providing the highest and safest standard of quality assurance.
This ensures that buildings with pressure vessels, diesel and high pressure systems, do not pose a threat to the safety of the building’s occupants.
WE ARE CURRENT REGISTERED AND CERTIFIED WITH THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS
At TPH Plumbing and Heating all of our personnel goes through a rigorous screening process before being hired. This includes:
- Background and police checks
- Vulnerable sector security checks
(mandatory where children and the elderly occupy buildings, such as
schools, retirement homes and hospitals)
We’ve got a track record of delivering superior results, quickly and efficiently to our clients in Ottawa and Eastern Ontario. Our licensed team has expertise in:
- Gas fitters
- Pipe fitting
- High pressure systems
- Backflow testing, repairs and surveys
- Steam fitting
- Diesel OBT
- Medical gases
- Compressed air
- Natural gas/propane
Having these security levels in place helps prevent start-up delays and keeps projects moving in a timely fashion.